Identity Theft Protection
Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently a leading complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, affecting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone—regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit, and even criminal records.
Chesapeake Bank is delighted to provide identity theft recovery services to all personal checking account holders at no cost.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery
If you become a victim or suspect identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make phone calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Create and then maintain a case file to assist law enforcement in the prosecution of the perpetrators
- Follow up with you after recovery
Coverage for All Types of Identity Theft
Our Identity Theft Protection covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account with Chesapeake Bank! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. (Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details.)
Terms & Conditions
View additional Terms for this service
Have questions? Let us help.
Preventative protection and monitoring
Lost Document Replacement
Additionally, if you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, your Recovery Advocate will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. They will also work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Protect yourself, your family, or recommend this service to a friend. Chesapeake Bank provides you with access to robust identity theft detection and recovery services for a low monthly price, with individual or family packages available. Visit chesbank.merchantsinfo.com to learn more and subscribe today. Features include:
- Annual credit report and credit score
- Continuous credit monitoring with email alerts
- Free, online ID theft risk assessment test
- Monthly newsletter with protection tips
- Reimbursement of ID theft recovery expenses up to $25,000
Enroll online now and start protecting your good name and credit today.
If you believe you have experienced identity theft, please contact your local branch immediately.