- What is a subsidiary?
A subsidiary is an alternate company profile that you can use when you create a payment or template. You can use subsidiaries when your business requires that you create transactions for multiple entities. This overview might help and this link explains how to manage them.
- We import ACH files into the system. What NACHA file format requirements to import our file?
Please refer to our in-depth guide for importing a NACHA file.
- How do I determine when to use the ACH options ‘Payment from file’ versus ‘ACH Pass Thru’?
The ‘Payment from File’ option should be used if the NACHA file being imported contains only one batch and is designated with either a PPD or CCD SEC class code.
If a NACHA file contains more than one batch or is designated with an SEC class code other than PPD or CCD (ex. IAT, WEB, TEL, CTX) then the ‘ACH Pass Thru’ feature will need to be used.
- Can we import a CSV file with payment information into online banking?
A 5-column CSV file can be imported into Online Banking using the ‘Payment from File’ option within the ACH & Wire Payments menu. The five fields required are the following in this order: Recipient, ABA#, Account Number, Account Type (1 for checking; 2 for savings), and Amount.
- I created a new user in online banking for my company but they cannot login, why?
All users must be validated first from a Chesapeake Bank employee. You and the user will be notified when access has been granted.
- Why can’t the new user see any of our accounts?
When you create a new user, you must set the account rights, transaction rights, and limits for the user.
- If a user is deleted will we lose record of their activity?
No. It only removes their access and rights to the online banking system. All payments and templates that the user created remain, as do references to the online activity.