QuickBooks for Windows Conversion Instructions
Web Connect to Direct Connect
As Chesapeake Bank completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time-sensitive.
To complete these instructions, you will need your login credentials for online banking and/or Direct Connect.
NOTE: Direct Connect may require registration. Please contact your financial institution to verify your Direct Connect login information.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Thank you for making these important changes!
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Back up your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
NOTE: If multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3. QuickBooks activities such as Online Banking cannot be performed in multi-user mode because of the way the activities interact with a company data file.
- Switch to single-user mode. For instructions to switch to single-user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
NOTE: If you are not using Classic Mode (Register Mode), enable it for the conversion. You can change it back after the conversion is complete.
- Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- For instructions to enable Classic Mode (Register Mode), choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Disconnect Accounts in QuickBooks on or after 09/08/2020
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings tab in the Edit Account
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Task 3: Reconnect Accounts to Chesapeake Bank on or after 09/08/2020
- Choose Banking menu > Bank Feeds > Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- Enter, then select one of the following and Click Next.
- Web Connect users > Chesapeake Bank
- Direct Connect users > Chesapeake Bank QBDC
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Direct Connect.
- Link your bank account with the existing QuickBooks account and click Connect.
IMPORTANT: Verify that all transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Task 4: Re-enable Express Mode (if necessary)
- If you prefer Classic Mode (Register Mode), you are finished with your conversion. If you use Express Mode for online banking, you may now re-enable the mode.
For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.