Bill Pay Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your business online bill pay questions here, or contact us with your online business banking questions. Chesapeake Bank online banking technical assistance at 877-436-9032
Bill Pay Basics
- What is Bill Pay?
It’s a service from Chesapeake Bank that streamlines the back-office functions of your small business and allows you to make payments to virtually any individual or company through your online banking account.
- Why is Bill Pay better than personal bill pay?
Bill Pay was designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s small businesses. In addition to making payments, you can run customized reports, delegate tasks and set permission controls. It all adds up to give you more resources you need and more time to focus on your business.
- Who can I pay with Bill Pay?
You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. Examples include utilities, office supply bills, consultants or independent contractors.
- How are online payments delivered?
Most payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
- Is Bill Pay secure?
It’s one of the safest ways for your business to pay bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history.
- How long does it take before a payment is received?
Generally, your payment is received within two to seven days, depending on whether it is sent electronically or via paper check.
- How are the scheduled payments processed with Bill Pay?
Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the payment date.
- What are the primary benefits of Bill Pay?
The major benefits are true control and total convenience for you. This means you’ll be able to:
- Pay your business’s bills and view payment activity anytime, anywhere
- Delegate the payment responsibilities you want to
- Set permission controls so you maintain the final say
- Quickly run customized reports with the information your business needs
- Reduce your paperwork and bookkeeping
- Maintain more control over cash flow
- Increase your security over mailing checks
How to Get Started
- How do I enroll for Bill Pay?
To enroll, log in to your account at www.chesbank.com. Then click on the “Bill Pay” link. Or call us at 877-436-9032 and we will help set you up.
- How do I start using Bill Pay?
First, you need to enroll to activate your Bill Pay account. If you haven't enrolled, please follow the instructions shown above.
If you have enrolled, you can set up payees and start making payments in a few easy steps:
- Go to the “Payees” tab
- Click “Add a Payee”
- Choose to add a company, individual, or bank or credit union
- Complete form by providing requested information about payee and click “submit payee“
- Then click “schedule a payment to this payee”